MOVEit Central 9.0 Released
Ipswitch have today announced the release of MOVEit Central version 9.0, this update further extends automation and management of business transactions across IT teams and business analysts.
- Extended access from any platform or device anywhere with the new HTML5 UI.
- More intuitive navigation and configuration allows IT teams to better organise tasks and manage business transactions.
- Now business analysts with appropriate authorisation can monitor, schedule, share and run automated tasks themselves without relying on IT.
- New platform updates: .NET 4.5, Windows Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2014, 64-bit API
What it means?
The new Web UI in MOVEit Central 9.0 enables IT admin to work from anywhere without needing VPN access to the network. The new, more intuitive navigation and configuration controls enables group tasks to be used more effectively to improve task organisation and management. And IT efficiency can also be improved by the addition of enabling business administrators to monitor, schedule and run automated tasks themselves.
The New MOVEit Central Web Client has the following features:
- Task configuration, execution & monitoring (Task Status)
- Task group management
- Key and certificate management
- Script editing & management
- Host configuration
- System settings
- Date lists
- Global parameters – Task run and file activity history, debug log & user permission configuration
Updating your software
MOVEit Central customers on an active support contract may download MOVEit Central 9.0 from the Ipswitch portal. If your MOVEit software is no longer under support, please contact a member of the team with regards to bringing your software back under maintenance and upgrading to version 9.0.
Upgrading software like MOVEit Central can be a big decision that might require approval from several departments, with pressure to ensure all goes smoothly.
Wait! – Pro2col can help!
Get the MOVEit Central 9
From security expert, Randy Franklin Smith, a practical guide covering the hows and whys of managed file transfer.
- – Why managed file transfer matters
- – The basics of file transfer security and compliance
- – How to improve IT agility with managed file transfer automation
- – Key requirements for managed file transfer solutions