Ipswitch Release MOVEit DMZ 8.2
Including the release of Ad Hoc Transfer Plug-in for Outlook 2.5 and MOVEit Mobile 1.2.2.
MOVEit DMZ 8.2 is a major release that introduces:
- Productivity improvements including shared mailboxes, available on web, outlook and mobile
- Security and performance improvements / bug fixes
- Software updates: SQL Server 2014, MySQL and Mobile
New Feature: Shared Mailboxes
The Shared Mailbox feature lets multiple users/groups view and manage packages from a single mailbox. Users/groups who have access to a shared mailbox can view, send, and reply to packages in the shared mailbox using their own user account. Administrators can share access to a mailbox to receive packages in a central location that is accessible to multiple users/groups, or to let a user perform package actions on behalf of another user.
Mobile 1.2.2 and Outlook Plug-in 2.5 support the new Shared Mailbox feature.
How to upgrade?
The upgrade to MOVEit v.8.2 requires that you have a new license file. License keys from previous versions will no longer work. To get a new license file get in contact, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 118 9640.
New Features Include:
- A shared mailbox feature that lets multiple users/groups view and manage packages from a single mailbox
- The ability to turn off log archival
- The addition of new custom notification macros
- The option to send a package automatically after uploading files
- The option to hide SQL in report outputs
- The ability to reactivate expired temp users when they receive a new package
- Support for MS SQL 2014
- Upgrade of MySQL to version 5.5.44
- Upgrade of the SSH server to support SHA256 and SHA512 hashes and SHA256 Diffie-Hellman key exchange
- Update of MOVEit Mobile to use the latest Tomcat and OpenSSL
- Update of Mobile TLS Cipher suites for Tomcat
- Two new command-line silent install options for Ad Hoc Transfer Plug-in for Outlook.
- The name of the failover solution is now Ipswitch Failover.