MOVEit Central 8.1 is now available
MOVEit Central 8.1 is the latest release of the File Transfer and Workflow Automation Product. Version 8.1 is a generally available maintenance release that fixes several significant defects and adds a number of new features also.
- Preview of New Web-based Admin ClientThe new Admin Client supports all the major browsers and replaces the functionality of the Windows Admin Client.
- Support for 64-bit Windows Operating SystemMOVEit Central will install as a 64-bit application that provides greater memory utilisation for improved task processing. (The 32-bit version will still be available via the Modify function of the installer.)
- More PlatformsLeverages current industry platforms- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2
– Support for MS SQL Server 2014
– Updated MySQL 5.5.43
- Enhanced PerformanceFaster start-up, encrypt and decrypt (via PGP), which transfers files more efficiently. Improved session reuse, background clean-up, and new OpenPGP libraries (Didsoft).
- Customer ImprovementsOver 50 customer identified improvements.
- Ipswitch Failover ManagerMOVEit Central provides the Ipswitch Failover Manager– reducing cost for organisations to recover data, and to further satisfy regulation requirements. Ipswitch Failover Manager integration includes:- Rule-based failover and switchover
– Remote (WAN) Disaster Recovery
– MS SQL database recovery from separate server
NOTE: The Ipswitch Failover Manager will be available in the second half of 2015. Ipswitch will
continue to support Legacy Failover installations for MOVEit Central release 8.1. The Legacy
Failover system is built into MOVEit Central whereas the new Ipswitch Failover system is installed
separately and managed externally. The Legacy Failover system is still in the MOVEit Central
documentation. The new Ipswitch Failover system is documented separately.
Version 8.1 includes all fixes from and replaces all MOVEit Central 8.0.x.x patch releases.
If you own MOVEit Central and are under a current maintenance agreement you can download 8.1 from the Ipswitch Customer Portal.
If you don’t own MOVEit Central, Pro2col can arrange for a 30day trial of MOVEit Central for you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the team on 0333 123 1240 if you would like to find out more.